May 8, 2009

The House That Neville Built and other stories from Peter J Wilson








I absolutely love the work of Peter Wilson.  A big shout out as Peter will be showing his work at the Queensland Centre for Photography and the opening is tomorrow night.  Be there!  What I love most about his images is the filmic quality (he is totally old school!) and the 'images as meditations'.  Honestly, I wish I could better describe what I love about these images but in the end they speak for themselves.  He has an amazing ability to pair each image with a great title (he is also a great writer - a wonderful way with words!) .  

You really need to check out his online gallery at  http://peterjwilson.com.au/gallery.php
Above are just some of my favourites.

I'm so lucky to own one of his images - a small but beautifully printed self-portrait in black and white.  You can find it in his gallery but I'm not telling you which one it is.  Can you guess?  I wish I had more *sigh* one day :-)

So yes, if you are in Brisbane - get yourself to the QCP tomorrow night (from 5-8pm).  If not, be sure to check out his website!





No comments: